Popular Posts

Monday, April 23, 2012

Top 10 Wardrobe Essentials- Essential #5

Essential #5 is the Crisp White Top

This may seem like a bland addition to a wardrobe but it is an essential because it will go with absolutely anything! It doesn't have to be a button down, even though that is preferred, but it does need to match your essential style.


As you can see the crisp white shirt can be worn in many ways. Casual, dressed up, even in between. This is a very versatile piece and again should be purchased in a style you would wear. The one I own is corseted, no collar and latches instead of buttons. It doesn't have to be ubber professional but it does need to be something you can wear to an interview.

A few words of caution:
To The WHITE girl- and I mean really pale... Find a white that contrasts with your skin-tone. If you have a reddish tint to your skin a crisp white will work for you, even if you have an olive undertone it will but if you border on the vampiric side of white, go for a creamier white. It needs to off-set your skin, not blend in.

To the Busty Girl- STAY AWAY FROM RUFFLES!!! They are not your friend. Yes, your hubby loves that one ruffle number, but ask yourself why... He loves your boobs! And they look gigantic in that one ruffle number. I have this problem, my hubby LOVES my blue maxi-dress. And I now I know why. After going out in public I realized people couldn't keep their eyes off of my chest. I still love the dress but I have learned an undershirt is needed. Ruffles, however, can't be fixed with an undershirt. Also, avoid anything that doesn't button over your chest, or has an empire waistline that cuts your boobs in half. I don't care how cute it is, it won't look right.

Use pops of color everywhere else :). This is the way to show off that stunning green blazer or neon pants you purchased last week. This is the way to showcase your best jewelry. What about those shoes you bought with the funky print? You aren't sure what to wear them with, so you don't. Well, this is it.

Remember, this piece should and will go with everything in your closet as long as you buy it in your style!

No comments:

Post a Comment