Popular Posts

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Finding Your Style

Typically, people have a hard time defining their style because, a. they don't know where to start or b. aren't sure what parts of their personality they want to showcase. I am here to tell you it really isn't hard. Look no further than what you love best about yourself.

Are you quirky? Do friends constantly walk into your home and say, wow what a cool piece, be it a new piece of artwork, furniture or other decoration? Do you find yourself dancing to the beat of a different drum? Why is that not also showcased in what you choose to put on your body? Where is that quirky jacket? Where are those quirky shoes? How about statement jewelry?

Are you a bona-fide heavy metal fan? Do you have a die-hard attitude? Can you even imagine missing your favorite band when they came to your town? Do you have band sticker decorating 90% of what you own? Do you envy the girls in dark eyeliner and red lips? Why are you scared to step out and do the same? Where are your spiked heels? Your brass knuckle clutch? What about a funky band t-shirt? Also, just because you are a rock-chick, it does not mean you are regulated or stuck in black, branch out!

Are you nerdy? Do you spend your days reading books or playing Skyrim? Do you have an unexplained affinity for your favorite book/video game characters? Have you imagined the perfect world in your mind and began writing about it? Own it! Check your specks. How about that Harry Potter tee you have hiding in the back of your closet? FYI, you are the only ones who can make suspenders look cute!

It's more about you trying to be you.

For me, I have what I like to call a schizophrenic style. All of the above define me in some way. I have a little claim to the country world as well (lived there half my life). No, I don't own cowboy boots but I do own a bubble vest, I also attend the rodeo on a regular basis. I listen to heavy metal and own spiked heels and band tees. On top of all of this I have a professional job. I wear suits and dresses 90% of the time. I wear statement tees under my suit jacket and my spike heels with my lbd and a colored jacket. But again, these are all aspects of me. These things combined make me who I am and make my style what it is. If someone were to go shopping for me an outfit, it would only be too easy. I have such a wide variety of tastes but all of my friends can look at something and say "That is totally her!".

It's all about defining your personality through clothing.

This is how I make my clothing reflect my personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment