Popular Posts

Monday, March 26, 2012

Absent For A While

So before I post my next blog I want to apologize for being gone for a while... Life got a little hectic. I have been trying to get published and I realized 20 pages of my book is missing. That is never fun. And today I pulled the ultimate "MOM" no-no... I walked out the door looking like yesterday's garbage. Tank, jeans, sneakers, sports-bra, hair up, no make-up and glasses. I looked a hot mess. But even though that happened THIS MORNING I don't intend for it to happen again. You see, I am not a morning person, and I never will be, but after a few cups of coffee I am usually awake enough to know I probably shouldn't leave the house looking the same, if only slightly better, than I did when I woke up. However, today there was no creamer, no milk, no flavorings, nothing!!! This is awful because, even though I am fully capable of drinking black coffee, having a cup that strong first thing in the morning is like a slap in the face and I can't handle that much of a pick-me-up. So, to the store I went. No, not through the Starbucks drive-through, to the actual grocery store. I am telling you... brain-no-function-without-coffee (that was my non-coffee-drinking zombie impersonation). I realized my mistake when I saw a young mom in ubber-cute flats, skinny-jeans and a bright colored tee. I couldn't help but think how cute she and her daughter looked. Then it came crashing down on me. I left the house looking the way I did. Since the damage was done I decided to finish my shopping trip but before I left I grabbed a coffee (quad-grande latte to be exact). Now I am slightly embarrassed but the damage is done. Luckily I am married to the love of my life so there were no chances to run into him and face embarrassment (he's seen me at my worst) and I didn't run into any past rivals or future employers :).

My other apology is for not updating my 30 Days of FAB Hair... I cut it... I dyed it... now... I'm working with it. It's extremely layered so I am having trouble finding ways to fix it that don't have tons of fly-aways. But when I find something that works I will post it so you can see it. Oh... and I got rid of 3 inches... so braids are difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment