Popular Posts

Friday, March 30, 2012

Top 10 Wardrobe Essentials - Essential #2

By the picture, you may have already guessed what Essential #2 is.

If you guessed a perfect fitting bra, Congratulations! You are right!

Nothing ruins a perfect top like bra spillage, or uni-boob!

Example #1
Last night I went shopping with my husband. We had to make a run to the grocery store but I did not feel like changing my bra (a sports bra), which was fine at the time because I was wearing a t-shirt and jeans (a fitted t-shirt, not some baggy, high-school sports or college team crap). The uni-boob effect was lost behind my t-shirt design. However, while there I found an outfit I adored (Yes, at Wal-Mart) and I went to try it on. Well, let's just say that the uni-boob was now a showcased feature. My husband said he loved the shorts, but hated my shirt. I told him he only thought so because I was wearing a crappy bra. He gave me a look that said he obviously didn't believe me but this morning when I put the outfit on he said "Aww, baby, you look so cute. Is that the shirt you bought last night?"

Example #2
When I was in high-school I didn't want to come to terms with my cup size. I was a DDD by the time I graduated. To my high-school graduation I wore a pair of wide-leg black pants and a fitted top. It was black with red flowers and shaped like a corset, it flattered my figure enormously but for some reason it didn't look right. At the time I didn't realize why it made me look like I had four boobs but in college I wore the same shirt. I was walking down the hall and someone said, honey, I think it's time to go up a cup size and she pointed to the spillage that had moseyed it's way out of my bra on the way to class. She was actually very sweet about it and really just trying to help but it hit me then that maybe she was right and I went to my first bra fitting. By that time I was slightly larger than I had been in high-school, a F cup to be exact and I bought two VERY EXPENSIVE bras. The next time I wore that shirt it fit perfectly and I wore it to school. I never ran into the girl who saved my wardrobe but I thank her every day.

A great fitting bra is essential because it showcases your body to your advantage. Even if you can't afford the $60 bras that the specialty stores carry, go in and get a bra fitting. You need to know your true size and you need to know it now. It is such a confidence booster when you see your boobs sitting where they should be and looking great molded under your new clothing, or how your old clothes just seem to fit better.

If you don't have much of a chest I would advise you to look into a wonder bra or even water bra. They essentially give what you already have a bit of a boost. You aren't faking how big your chest is, you are simply adjusting where they sit on your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment