Popular Posts

Monday, March 26, 2012

How to Make Spring's Trends Work for You! Leather

Okay, Trend #5 is Leather and like I said before it will be HOW you wear it that makes it trendy.

The Leather Blazer - We all love the way blazers shape our body. Regardless of shape they give us the illusion of an hour-glass figure. This trend is good for ANY body shape and you should play around with color. Don't simply go for the black or brown, how about hot pink, coral or even cream. It's a fun trend... have fun with it.

The Leather Mini- Big girls, PLEASE DON'T!! Leather is VERY unforgiving. This trend will only make you look bigger and you don't want that. Plus, big girls have cellulite! If you don't think you do you are fooling yourself. I know that is harsh but I am saving you and others around you from much embarrassment. Skinny girls, a word of caution to you as well, cellulite is not strictly on women who have bigger thighs. Be honest with yourself. Do you have killer gams? Do you have a fit physique? If not, don't do it. This trend is for the girls with toned, shapely legs. The longer the legs the better, although watch the length, we don't need to see your girly parts. And my last word of caution, girls with big booties, be careful! Just because it looks good from the front DOES NOT mean it does from the back. I know this to be a problem with most skirts and I ALWAYS have someone there to judge my backside (and someone who will tell me the truth, not someone who will compliment me no matter what).

The Leather Dress- My favorite of all the trends! This can be extremely tricky if you are not rail thin. As I have said before, leather is VERY unforgiving. I would only say this, find a cut you already know works for you and TRY IT ON! For the busty girl, honey I am sorry, but we are SOL. There isn't a leather dress out there that will be forgiving enough to accommodate unless you actually have it specially made.

The Leather Biker Jacket - Okay, this is a trend that never really seems to go out of style. This season, however, is about bold colors. Find a funky colored jacket and rock it. If you are skinny-average you can pull off the natural boxy shape of a biker jacket. (I will admit, I own one :) ) But, bigger girls, you need to find one with a little more structure! Note: Three of the ones above have nipped waists. Naturally, I chose these because they are what I am drawn to, but I am drawn to them because of the shape and I am a bigger girl. I know those are what would look best on me.

Faux Leather- Okay, here is my budget friendly tip H&M, Maurices and Burlington have the best selection of faux leather that I have seen. Sometimes Burlington can be pick and choose but it's still worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment