Popular Posts

Thursday, March 29, 2012

How to Make Spring's Trends Work for You! Peplum

Trend #8 - Peplum
This is a trend I truly never wished to see again. Why? Because it is so stinkin' adorable and it looks hideous on me. It is a retro-inspired trend that works great for girls who want curves but don't really have them. However, if you have curves... I will leave it up to you to decide how you feel about it. I have seen girls like Beyonce pull it off but I have to be honest, I think it is her confidence that makes it work for her.

For the thick girl- this is a trend that could work for you. It gives the illusion of an hourglass figure. However, if you have a large butt and/or hips, this trend will only exaggerate those areas. This is a great way to hide a bit of baby fat or even that little protrusion you can't seen to get rid of. Just make sure that if you are trying to hide a belly that the fabric goes PAST your largest point. You don't want to draw attention to that area by drawing a line in the middle of it. Note the tan pencil skirt above, even the white and pink dress, these items have a longer overhang. This could be perfect for you. Also, do not be afraid to try a pencil skirt. Yes it will hug your sexy curves but you have a womanly figure, use it to your advantage. And do not be afraid of shapewear, a pencil skirt in a light color may show a bit of that cellulite. Shapewear will fix that problem and you will look ravishing!

For the skinny girl- This trend will give you the hips you've been lusting after your whole life. If you have a boyish figure you can embrace this trend with open arms. The lady I have seen pull this trend off the best is Emma Watson. Her slim, slightly boyish physique, is complimented greatly by peplum. Her athletic body is hugged by the tight fabric that gives way to a rich fullness, ending mid-hip to give her the illusion of an hourglass figure.

For the in-betweens - This trend can work for you as well. Keep in mind the tips stated above for both thick and skinny girls. Know your problem areas and know the ones you want to showcase.

Trend #9- Metallic Heels
This is a trend for the masses! Metallic heels have been a classic item for a very long time. They are glamorous and make a girl feel absolutely stunning. I know when I wear my metallic heels I feel like the whole world is looking at me. It may just be me, because if I saw a pair of fabulous, sparkly shoes I would be fixated, but it is a great trend none-the-less.

My advice (and this is great advice) METALLICS ARE NEUTRAL! (this is actually advice from Stacey London but I believe it as well). Metallic colors, minus the sheen, would fall into either nude, grey, brown, tan or black. Why should a sparkly sheen change that?

No comments:

Post a Comment